This short article will provide details about the various architecture specific requirements for good implementation of continuous delivery. It emphasizes on the need of the system to be architected/designed for continuous delivery.
- Deployability- The system should be well thought from the perspective of ease of deployment.
- Security-Security vulnerability should be well thought and should be built into the architecture.
- Loggability: The system architecture should consider aspects related to the logging requirements. It should cover what to log, logging mechanism/ log format, log size etc.
- Modifiability: The size of the requirements should be considered so that the modifications in the systems can be easily deployed.
- Monitorability: The system should be designed in such a way that the interfaces should be able to monitor the state and performance (and related aspects) of the system.
- Testability: The system should cover the aspects of testability of the system and cover details of pipeline (where each pipeline serves as quality gate)